myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: managed bean creation factory
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 02:21:25 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> Yes, right. JSF-Spring has nice features, using faces scopes for
> spring managed beans, using spring-aop inside of faces-cfg by defining
> "DefaultAdvisorAutoProxyCreator" as an application scoped managed
> bean.
> and so on.
>
> have in mind, that JSF-Spring is *not* part of the springframework.
> http://jsf-spring.sf.net
>

> Spring itself also contains jsf support, but that is *only* a
> VariableResolver to be able to define your backing beans in
> applicationContext.xml, or even wire your backing bean properties w/
> some spring managed daos

Well, given that I just spend three hours trying to verify
that a deployment problem on a Websphere 6 was caused by JSF-Spring
(which in fact it was), I cannot recommend this stuff
for now if you have to go the IBM route

(which I hope you do not have to, but that is an other issue, if you have
to go through all the hoops of having to deploy an app on it
without the WSAD :-) )