myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Prototype library and portlets
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:34:32 GMT
Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> I admit I've never looked at prototype, but what about the option of
> fixing the namespace issues and contributing the fixes back to the
> prototype project?

The namespace issue is the smallest one, given the fact
that you can fix it with a handful of global replaces.
(And yes, if it is done it should be done and given back not be
done constantly within myfaces)
And I do not see it as a real problem currently, since there have not
been any real issues in this area for the last year, I am aware of.

The main problem is more the fiddeling around with basic javascript
structures, which then makes the code very compact, but can cause
interference problems (and has, ask the Struts people ;-) )

The main problem is that a proposed switching to DOJO does not make
sense at the current state of DOJO (see my other post I just sent)

DOJOs loading times are, lets put it mildly good for spending a stress
free few dozends of seconds) and DOJOs state is currently under heavy
fluctuation (which is the smaller issue, given the fact that they have a
deprecation mechanism).

So Martins advice probably is the best, lets way what Oracle is putting
onto the table.
Although things like this here are really intriguing:

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/demos/widget/Fisheye.html
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/demos/widget/Panes.html