myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [maven] Latest maven changes
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:29:55 GMT

On Jan 5, 2006, at 3:48 AM, Simon Kitching wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sooner or later, the MyFaces core will stabilise while tomahawk
> charges
> ahead. So at *some* time the release cycles will have to separate. I
> think it's beneficial to split them sooner rather than later, so I'd
> like to see a structure set up now that makes that easier.

Agreed, with maven as I understand it we can easily have separate
releases for the modules.

I'd like to see something like this;

myfaces/pom.xml
myfaces/api/pom.xml
myfaces/commons/pom.xml
myfaces/examples/pom.xml
myfaces/impl/pom.xml
myfaces/sandbox/pom.xml
myfaces/tomahawk/pom.xml

Dependencies can be spelled out in the various module poms and each
one can have its own version etc.

So from impl we could do a release of the impl (presumably less often
than tomahawk) and from the top level we could build everything with
the same command (mvn install).

This possibly belongs in the other thread about our svn reorg. I'm
totally behind getting rid of externals.

TTFN,

-bd-