myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From John Fallows <john.r.fall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client-ID
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:24:21 GMT
Folks,

AFAIK, UIComponent.findComponent(String) receives a "scoped" id rather than
a client id, since it just traverses the component hierarchy, rather than
factoring in any "current row" for cases such as UIData.

So, although the exact structure of client id is privately controlled by the
Renderer as an implementation detail, the syntax of the scoped id passed to
findComponent is well-defined.  In certain cases, the a component's client
id and scoped id may happen to have the same value, but that does not imply
that client id is supposed to work with findComponent in all cases.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.

http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044
Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress