myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Manfred Geiler <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tabChangeEvent
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:08:24 GMT
Users list instead of dev list please, see
http://myfaces.apache.org/mailinglists.html
Thanks,
Manfred

2006/1/9, me <smcjunk@ix.netcom.com>:
> I have just started working with MyFaces and have come across a couple issues with the
tabs and events. The first straightforward, the second more philosophical.

> 1) Tomahawk's org.apache.myfaces.custom.tabbedpane.tabChangeEvent has the value for the
tab index, but not the tab id which might be useful in some cases.  If, for example, the tabs
are reordered, the event listener can still identify the selected UIComponent. One solution
is to add a tabComponent property to tabChangeEvent that is set to child tab that is selected.

> 2) The tabChangeEvent has an oldTabIndex, but I am not sure if it is useful.  Consider
if it is the first time the tabs have been accessed - what is the value of oldTabIndex? If
the above suggestion is implemented and the parallel property oldTabComponent is added, what
would be the value of oldTabComponent on the first run? Null? What value for oldTabIndex would
agree with that? Also, in order to get the old tab index, a special value for the tab must
be posted, which in turn means this value can not be used for a tab label.  This must be the
reason for the lines in HtmlTabbedPaneRenderer that change the label to "Tab x" even if it
is explicitly set to an empty string.