myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Smirnov <asmir...@exadel.com>
Subject Re: Bookmarking, History and JSF
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:00:44 GMT
Yes ! I have any attempts to realize of same idea, but not solve one
problem - it need  extend format of faces-config or make standalone
configuration - not good

In most web-application cases we need bookmark not concrete page, but
logical part of application.
In such cases best effect will be output entry point of part ( wizard
start page, root of catalog etc ), what solved by such navigation handler

Adam Winer wrote:

>My idea's always been something like an optional
>NavigationHandler interface:
>
>public interface BookmarkableNavigationHandler
>{
>  /**
>   * Return an URL if the MethodExpression can be handled purely
>   * as a GET request, or null if it cannot be done.
>   */
>  public String getUrl(FacesContext, MethodExpression)
>}
>
>This would enable a NavigationHandler to turn constant MethodExpressions,
>like action="foo", into simple GET URLs.  (The optional interface idea
>does run into serious problems with any decorating NavigationHandlers;
>ADF Faces uses a "Service" API kinda like the old MS OLE IUnknown
>QueryInterface approach, if you've had the misfortune of developing
>any OLE code in your career).
>
>It'd also allow a more sophisticated NavigationHandler to provide metadata
>that says that for a specific page, a more complicated action:
>  action="#{row.showRow}"
>... could perhaps be handled as a GET too:
>
> <from-view-id>myTable.jspx</from-view-id>
>   <action>#{row.showRow}
>   <get-url>/faces/showRow.jspx?id=#{row.id}</get-url>

And "default-action" for GET without parameters !