myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Smirnov <asmir...@exadel.com>
Subject Re: Bookmarking, History and JSF
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:34:19 GMT
Martin Marinschek wrote:

>outputLink doesn't tie into the action-framework - that's why...
>
>what's Struts-Shale doing here? outputLink with defaultAction="something"?
>
>regards,
>
>Martin

In struts, I can perform action for request on any ...do link not only
for submitting form, but for ANY request.
In any cases, I can display different pages - for example, Message "see
late" if application don't have connect to sql server, choise different
pages for mobile clients, output first page of continuous wizarrd  etc.
For jsf, even if proposed GET processing can help bookmark page, content
can depend of previsius state of application or other conditions.
Main thing - JSF support MVC pattern for form processing, but break
controller for GET requests.