myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Smirnov <asmir...@exadel.com>
Subject Re: Bookmarking, History and JSF
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:15:34 GMT
Due to navigation caases, you page after GET request may be different
from request to request, depend on application state. For bookmarkable
links, best case to use redirect navigation options .
May be, for such cases best solution will be save/restore request state
for redirect, simulate single request processing for redirects ? After
such processing, You will have right ( bookmarkable ) uri in browser for
page.
Second part for such solution can be ability for define "default" action
methods for non-faces requested pages. In such, when re-visiting
bookmarked page, in case of non-actual page client can be forward to
different view ( as I see, such functions exist in Struts/Shale ).

" not submitting a form and loosing all JSF state but having a
bookmarkable link? " - already exist in <h:outputLink > with nested
<f:param >

Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21) :
> to put it in a nutshell:
>
> add GET-processing to JSF...