myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From m_s...@web.de
Subject Re: Problems with tomahawk.jar
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:35:35 GMT
Hi Manfred,

thank you for your fast reply. In the attachment I send the to different sourcefiles. One
I checked out from the svn-repository and the other one I decompiled from NavigationMenuItem.class
in the tomahawk.jar version 1.1.1 (see filenames). My problem is, that in the decompiled version
there is no method setActive(boolean active) whereas in the sourcefile checked out from the
repository and in the javadoc this method is available.

Could you please tell me if there is a newer jar-archive available which corresponds to the
sources in the svn-repository and the javadoc on the myfaces-homepage?

thank you,
Rudi

"MyFaces Development" <dev@myfaces.apache.org> schrieb am 22.01.06 18:06:34:

> Sean, don't be too rigorous. ;-)
> Rudi's question is actually regarding the codebase.
>
> Rudi, without having the time myself at the moment to look at the
> sources, there is one thing I catched in your mail: setAvtive(boolean
> avtive)
> Is this a typo in your mail or is this actually the name of the method
> in the source? If yes, the answer to your question is easy...  :-)
> If not, please tell us the exact version number(s) you are using.
>
> Manfred
>

> 2006/1/22, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
> > Please post these types of questions to the user list.  The dev list
> > is reserved for discussion of the codebase and infrastructure.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sean
> >
> > On 1/22/06, m_soft@web.de <m_soft@web.de> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm developing an application with MyFaces and I'm using for my navigation.
> > >
> > > In my ManagedBean I create the List of NavigationMenuItem dynamicaly. Everything
is fine so far.

> > > My problem is, that I have to set the active NavigationMenuItem in the list
within my ManagedBean because I have to make a redirect over the browser sometimes for securityreasons
(authenticationfilter) and then the active NavigationMenuItem is lost.

> > > So I tried to use item.setActive(true) on a NavigationMenuItem item which I
want activate after a redirect. The problem is, that Eclipse told me, that the method setActive(boolean
active) is not available for NavigationMenuItem. But in the Java-doc this method is available
for this class.

> > > So I decompiled the corresponding .class file from the tomahawk.jar and found
out, that the method is not available.

> > > Next I checked out the sources for this class from the svn-repository. In this
sources the method setAvtive(boolean avtive) is available for the class NavigationMenuItem.

> > > This seems very strange, because in the sources of the example webapps in the
class org.apache.myfaces.examples.misc.NavigationMenu the method .setActive(boolean active)
is called too in line 72 but in the decompiled source for the class NavigationMenuItem in
the tomahawk.jar under WEB-INF/lib the method is not available.

> > > Could anybody please help me. Why is the actual tomahawk.jar from the downloadpage
not implementing the javadoc on the myfaces-homepage? Have I to build the tomahawk.jar from
the sources to get the release corresponding to the javadoc?