myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [maven] Revised Reorg Proposal --> Was: [maven] Latest maven changes
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:43:54 GMT
@Bill: moving a snip of your comments to this thread ...

> I'd like to see something like this;
>
> myfaces/pom.xml
> myfaces/api/pom.xml
> myfaces/commons/pom.xml
> myfaces/examples/pom.xml
> myfaces/impl/pom.xml
> myfaces/sandbox/pom.xml
> myfaces/tomahawk/pom.xml

Is the point of the very top level POM for stuff that is common to
100% of the modules (like mailing list, jira, contributor lists, etc)?

Why not combine api and impl in their own "core" module?  IMO there is
no point in ever releasing those separately.  Both constitute a  JSF
implementation.

One advantage to sandbox within tomahawk is we can cut down on the
number of top level modules.  Just throw the sandbox stuff into
sandbox.jar and provide its own api docs.  That stuff goes into the
release bundle along with tomahawk.jar and we say "sandbox stuff is
untested and subject too change or elimination."

I also think that the examples should go in tomahawk.  They are
basically examples of tomahawk in action and any time you add a new
tomahawk component (or a significant feature to an existing component)
you will want to update the examples.  Also, I envision linking the
tomahwk documentation to the examples on the website (now that we have
our zone.)  So I think the examples are tightly coupled to
tomahawk/sandbox.

Thoughts on this?  It would be *much* simpler to combine them....

Sean