myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@hookom.net
Subject Re: Bookmarking, History and JSF
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:43:35 GMT
JSF doesn't have a built-in front controller.  If anything, it should be optional, but things
like no DB connection are usually handled by global filters/policies and wouldn't be on a
per-action basis.

The additional lifecycle events that Shale introduces will also be available in JSF 1.2 with
both the UIViewRoot.addPhaseListener(..)

<f:view before="#{pageBean.setup}" after="#{pageBean.destroy}">
</f:view>

-- and Ed Burn's inclusion of common annotation's Destroy/Created events being handled from
the managed beans in your faces-config.

(again, for bookmarkable links, I do like the EL evaluation within navigation cases the best--
it's similar to WebWork)