myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Moving forward on the Oracle donation
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:37:46 GMT
Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> I seem to recall hearing that ADF uses a custom viewhandler, much like
> tobago.   That's going to make it difficult to trivially merge
> Tomahawk and ADF .

Well, that is what I heard as well, the main problem currently is:

Tobago 	= using its own view handler
ADF 	= using its own view handler
Tomahawk = just a set of components following the JSF 1.1 apis

To the worse, both Facelets and Tapestry also use their own view
handlers, faclets even needs a special tld file for the components
themselves...

Much fun trying to integrated all this stuff, this will be huge work.

The javascript issue, is a non issue given all those areas, after all
javascript either conflicts or not, but in case of a conflict it
normally is resolvable by some renaming.