myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Faces Freeway
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 19:28:34 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>
>>> Inspired from the "Ruby on Rails" Demo in vienna I would like to
>>> develop a "rapid web-framework", "prototyping framework" or call it
>>> anything else for JSF too.
>>
>> Hi Mario, good to hear from you again,
>
> Hope you have had a power outlet in your train ;-)

Hungarian coach from Budapest, not really...

but given the fact that it was a late train, I got some sleep before
having to get up at 7 the next day ;-)

>> Trails .... currently use Tapestry as view target
>
> I'll have a look at it, but for what I have seen now, there might be
> much I really can reuse from them.
>
> 1) the Tapestry output needs to be replaced by JSF
> 2) the whole (bean) controller stuff needs to be a JSF component
>
> But hey, I can take the one or other idea from them.

Actually from what I could gather, you are very correct with your
assumptions, according to the blog, the frontend stuff can easily be
replaced since the whole thing was designed with modularity in mind.
So my guess having a trails jsf frontend would be the best option
instead of going the separate project route.