myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Reeder <tree...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loggers in API Components
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 01:45:24 GMT
We could use java.util.logging, then no dependencies.  We definitely
need some kind of logging in the components, getting a message on the
UI that says:

"Validation Error "Segment": Value is not a valid option.", isn't
exactly useful. A simple log message would have told me exactly what
the problem is.  When I finally broke down and put a logger into the
component and found out in two seconds that it was because the value
wasn't in my select list after spending all day thinking it was
something completely different.  For our users sake, we need this.

Travis