myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse Alexander \(KBSA 21\)" <alexander.je...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject RE: Instructions for maven-based build MyFaces (Please Test)
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:37:58 GMT
Hi Sean

I am not sure, when I can give it a "spin".

Could you please send me the manifest-files the build produces?
Then I can check whether it makes sense to add more info to them.

thanks
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Schofield [mailto:sean.schofield@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 2:05 AM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Instructions for maven-based build MyFaces (Please Test)

Here is how to build MyFaces jars (no WAR files yet) using the *test*
SVN repository I have set up for this purpose.

1.) Install Maven and but the 'bin' directory in your path

2.) Download the XSLT Plugin source [1]

3.) Build and install the plugin (you'll need it for the TLD
transformation in case you are wondering.)  Just build using 'maven
install.'  (Now I see why the Maven people like this so much.)

4.) Check out the MyFaces source from the *test* repos. [2]

5.) Again run 'mvn install'

Thant's it!  Wendy has reported that she needed to add a dependency
for commons logging (see her earlier email.)  I'm not sure why that's
necessary since "it works fine on my computer."

Please test running the build.  It would also be helpful to put the
resulting JAR files in the examples app or one of your apps and take
it for a spin.

Looking forward to the feedback.  So far I'm quite impressed with m2.
I will have a separate thread later on what I have learned so far.

sean

[1]
svn://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/scm/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/xslt-maven-plugi
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/myfaces