myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Alberto Molpeceres <alberto.molpece...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Faces Freeway
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:35:48 GMT
I started a time ago a project in SF called Licurgo
(http://licurgo.sourceforge.net), altough I haven't take part in its
development in the last months.

This is a persistence framework based on Ralph Johnson's  Dynamic
Object Models (http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/johnson/DOM.html), and
I have always thought it could be useful for building something
similar to RnR. In fact, we did int in my last company, only we didn't
make much propaganda (neither documentation :-(  ).

I don't know it this could fit in the Idea you have. You can get
almost all needed information from database, so it could be very easy
to do what you purpose in both cases.

Bye,

    al.

On 12/3/05, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the idea!
>
> I am currently so involved in projects that I haven't got a clue if I
> can be of any help, but if I can, I will try to contribute.
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> I am right now in far
> On 12/3/05, Mario Ivankovits <mario@ops.co.at> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Inspired from the "Ruby on Rails" Demo in vienna I would like to develop
> > a "rapid web-framework", "prototyping framework" or call it anything
> > else for JSF too.
> >
> > Please have a look at
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/FacesFreeway
> >
> > I am looking forwar for a vital discussion about it.
> >
> > I hope I were able to express all my thoughts, if any german speaking
> > people is able to bring this proposal into a more understandable english
> > I'll be happy.
> >

> > The main motivation for this (beside "Ruby on Rails") is that we have
> > had such a framework in the past (for our home build persistence layer)
> > and its really a time saver - now we moved to hibernate & JSF and thus
> > I'll build this again, but now with the hope that others can benefit
> > from this too.
> >
> > Jump in!
> > ---
> > Mario