myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Winer <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r356552 - in /incubator/tobago/trunk: src/site/fml/faq.fml tobago-theme/tobago-theme-richmond/pom.xml
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:23:13 GMT
On 12/14/05, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> ;)
>
> Jacob,
>
> I don't want to start a war here. period ;)
>
> I am just playing ping-pong to Adam's style, which he sometimes
> deserves... or - put in another way - I don't want MyFaces to loose
> half its community due to insulted committers ;).

Hope I'm not coming off as insulting any of the committers
here.  Especially 'cause I *totally* agree that abstracting away
from HTML is the only way to go.  I'm just reacting with
my usual vigor at some statements here that underestimate
how truly cool Facelets is. (For example, I'm not yet buying that
MyFaces has really solved the page templating and c:forEach
problems as nicely or powerfully as Facelets has...)

> I am absolutely d'accord that Facelets is the better view technology -
> we should try to get rid of this JSP stuff ASAP.
>
> But - with the exception of Mike I think, most of us didn't step up so
> far. Give us some time...

Cool!  And, of course, I'm being lame by asking "why don't you
guys do this?" instead of the appropriate question: "how can I
help out getting this done?"

-- Adam