myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving forward on the Oracle donation
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:59:43 GMT
I clearly haven't understood the concept of the incubator then.

I really thought the incubator was there to make sure that a community
builds up around a codebase - a healthy community built from corporate
developers, freelancers interested in the project, volunteers,
students and whoever else wants to join in. A good mixture, as I'd
like to put it. Call it a sandbox for Apache projects - I really
thought it was something like this...

As I understood it, the incubation process was there to make sure that
as soon as there is a healthy community alive and kicking, we can
proudly take in this project; as part of an existing project (or even
as a new TLP).

regards,

Martin

--