myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@obsidium.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r357582 - in /myfaces/build/trunk: facelets-build.xml tools/ tools/build-tools.jar tools/src/
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:26:02 GMT
Hi Thomas,

It's not the size; it's the principle of adding binary files that people
must execute in order to build from source (which I presume is what this
jar is for).

I understand that people need to use binary builds of Ant or Maven in
order to build, but nevertheless I'm not aware of any other projects
that require binaries downloaded from the project to build the project.
With binaries checked in, it would be all too easy to accidentally get
in a state where the project can only be built using tools for which the
source isn't available or working or doesn't quite correspond to the binary.

Where is the source used to generate this "build-tools.jar" file, and
how is that compiled?

Regards,

Simon