myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@obsidium.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r350265 - /myfaces/api/trunk/src/java/javax/faces/component/UIComponent.java
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:14:17 GMT
mkienenb@apache.org wrote:
> Author: mkienenb
> Date: Thu Dec  1 07:59:09 2005
> New Revision: 350265

> Log:
> Copied JSF RI 1.2 javadoc for setParent(UIComponent)

Do we really have the "all clear" to copy JSF1.2 javadoc to MyFaces?
I know that one of the MyFaces developers stated that he had chatted
with Ed Burns (JSF1.2 spec lead) on IRC and had been told that the
license for JSF1.2 allowed this. But that's kind of informal.

Has anyone actually read the license that the JSF1.2 javadoc is under,
and confirmed that it is acceptable to copy this into MyFaces 1.1.x?

Cheers,

Simon