myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Bryzak <Shane_Bry...@symantec.com>
Subject Re: Loggers in API Components
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:07:56 GMT
How about using SLF4J?  (http://www.slf4j.org/)  For anyone that doesn't
know what this is, here's an excerpt from the site:

"The Simple Logging Facade for Java or (SLF4J) is intended to serve as a
simple facade for various logging APIs allowing to the end-user to plug
in the desired implementation at deployment time. SLF4J also allows for
a gradual migration path away from Jakarta Commons Logging (JCL)."

It's written by Ceki Gulcu (who also wrote Log4J) and is compatible with
the Apache license.  I'm using it successfully in production code right
now, and the great thing about it is that it defers the choice of
logging API to the user at deployment time.

Regards,

Shane