myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Winer <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reconnecting UIComponentTag instances with the corresponding UIComponent
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:25:15 GMT
Sounds like it is a bug, though that's a very quick impression
without serious thought.

Re: what happens if the number of tags change from one request
to the next:  this is why JSF tags inside of c:if are required to have
an explicitly set ID (think this is stated explicitly in the JSF spec).

This whole mess is why I proposed JspIdConsumer for JSP 2.1,
which lets you do this reconnecting in a robust manner.

Cheers,
Adam Winer