myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax lifecircle integration
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:31:19 GMT
That might work.

You'll also need to take into account that components might be
referencing other components - as with the label and the inputText,
the dataScroller and the dataTable.

Eventually, this might be the same problem as with what Adam has described.

An Ajax enabled component updates on an action another component - and
is bound to this other component via a for attribute. Multiple
components could be handled with grouping, facets allow only one
component as well ;). Those two components would be recreated.

I don't think this is undoable, but next problem: imagine Ajax enabled
components in a dataTable, dataList, whatever.

And we all know for a feature/component to really work, it needs to
work in a dataTable, right? How would we go through the lifecycle -
would we step into the necessary iterations in dataTable to go through
the whole dataModel? To come to the actual component representation we
want to use later on? What about saving states here? Are we only
saving states of those component representations we need?

We can't use findComponent - that doesn't work in dataTable correctly.
That's (or was in 1.1) a spec problem, by the way...

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at