myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax lifecircle integration
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:25:44 GMT
IMHO, even for a small and simple inputSuggestAjax, you need to have
the full information the facesContext, the user session and the
component tree state provide to you.

You cannot expect that you want to show the same autocomplete to every
user that comes in - this really is a very seldom case. You want to
depicture I18N, session information and user permissions just like
with a JSF component.

Remember - the JSF framework was an outcome of seeing  the necessity
of componentization, state saving, etc. Why should that be any
different for AJAX components?

Only exception: the performance is bad. Well, with every new
technology, the performance was bad in the beginning when taking the
abstraction to a new level. Then the programmers of the world worked
hard to find remedies to this. And today, we seldom use Assembler to
programm ;)

regards,

Martin

--