myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Better integration of AjaxAnywhere and MyFaces
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:21:05 GMT
Hi Vitaliy,

at 1: what do you mean by pluggable transport layer - the
representation of the data to send over?

Ideally, we wouldn't use innerHTML for anything - we have been hitting
severe restrictions with this in MyFaces, especially for TABLEs.

for controllers, I see a central controller which relates AJAX
requests to their counterparties. The question is, how we would
centrally handle the cases that we want either a counterparty in the
JSF implementation or outside of it via a servlet or filter.

MyFaces _does_ need a partial page refresh solution - AjaxAnywhere
would be welcome as such.

2. We should surely define pluggable extension points where an AJAX
framework can hook in. JSF is built on such extension points - it is
important to have such things for us as well.

2.1. you mean state-saving-method=server? MyFaces AJAX enabled
components usually support both methods - at least the postback of the
client side state is supported. Of course the field is not
standardized, but it will be in JSF1.2; at least there was a
suggestion like this to the spec group. So instead of this additional
component, we should revert to this component name instead.

2.2. I have no idea how to implement something like this - is there
anything like this in AJAXAnywhere already?

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at