myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@obsidium.com>
Subject Release method in UIComponentTag (was Reconnecting UIComponentTag instances ...)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:23:47 GMT
I see that originally _id etc were reset in internalRelease, and they
were moved to the release method by this commit:

r166747 | manolito | 2004-04-27 00:01:39 +1200 (Tue, 27 Apr 2004) | 2 lines

more reluctant releasing of members for Resin compatibility

So it looks like this is a workaround for a Resin bug. I dont quite
understand that; I can't see what bug Resin might have that would be
fixed by this but wouldn't break many other things. Is "manolito" around
to explain further?

Regards,

Simon