myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@obsidium.com>
Subject Re: Defaulting to forceId=true
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:26:02 GMT
Hi Travis,

I don't know anything about the AJAX compoents so please excuse me if
this is a silly question. But why are the AJAX components requiring
"forceId" in the first place?

If a component's true id at the back end is "form1:subview2:table3",
then why not use that id in all the AJAX stuff rather than requiring the
table to use forceId?