myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaliy Shevchuk" <she...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Better integration of AjaxAnywhere and MyFaces
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 04:38:12 GMT
Great!

Let's discuss the following subjects:

1. What can ajax frameworks do for MyFaces. What do you guys expect from an ajax framework
to use it with MyFaces?

Are we looking for a layered architecture of Ajax framework? Pluggable transport layers, controllers,
presentation updaters (innerHTML vs DOM)?

Does MyFaces need a partial page refresh solution, like AjaxAnywhere?

Is AjaxAnywhere good enough to become a peace of future MyFaces Ajax puzzle?

2. What MyFaces can do to improve? Should MyFaces become more open to allow easier and cleaner
integration of third party solutions?

2.1. Today AjaxAnywhere requires STATE_SAVING_METHOD=session to integrate with MyFaces application.
Possibility to indicate a position where JSF tree and state is saved would be a solution to
support STATE_SAVING_METHOD=client. To do so, a new MyFaces component is needed, something
like <t:stateSavingLocation>. Do you think it's possible to add such component?

2.2 Another direction is providing some JavaScript events/callbacks so that user could catch
clicks/actions inside JSF components. First, last, back forward for dataScroller; column sort
for dataTable, etc..

Possible implementation: on the client side, each MyFaces component provides addEventListener()/removeEventListener()
javascript methods.

What do you think?

Vitaliy