myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Reeder <tree...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I get component from tree and set the bound values
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:36:12 GMT
I am working on some ajax form components and I am trying to do the
following:

1. Request with the componentId, viewId, value.
2. Get that particular component from the specified viewId
3. Get the bound value of the component and set it's value to "value".

But I cannot seem to get the component, when I try this:

ViewHandler viewHandler = context.getApplication().getViewHandler();
UIViewRoot viewRoot = viewHandler.restoreView(context, viewId);
if(viewRoot == null){
viewRoot = viewHandler.createView(context, viewId);
}

viewRoot always seems to be null on restoreView and on createView, it has no
children.

Any ideas? Am I going about this the wrong way??

Travis