myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Resetting state before encoding of dataTable
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:43:38 GMT
Hi *, and especially Mathias,

I have changed the following code segment

        _initialDescendantComponentState = null;
        if (_isValidChilds && !hasErrorMessages(context))
        {
            //Refresh DataModel for rendering:
            _dataModelMap.clear();
            _rowStates.clear();
        }
        super.encodeBegin(context);

to this:

        _initialDescendantComponentState = null;
        if (_isValidChilds && !hasErrorMessages(context))
        {
            //Refresh DataModel for rendering:
            _dataModelMap.clear();
            //_rowStates.clear(); todo: should not be necessary.
        }
        super.encodeBegin(context);

as I think that the calling the _rowStates.clear(); method is not
correct at this location.

What do you guys say to that? Particularly, I have had a component
which didn't have a value-binding set for its value and didn't
remember it's state if this method was called.

regards,

Martin