myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@obsidium.com>
Subject Re: problem creating patch
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 08:40:03 GMT
sharath reddy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to create a patch against the file
> 'examples/dataList.jsp'. My patch file contained the
> following message:
>
> Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.
> svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream
>
> I browsed the SVN repository and noticed that this
> file (along with many others) was indeed tagged as a
> binary file.
>
> I'm new to SVN, am I doing something wrong?

It looks to me like you're correct.

For example, here's a couple of files from commons-digester:

   BASE=http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper

   # a file expected to be text
   svn proplist $BASE/digester/trunk/build.xml
   -->  svn:keywords
   -->  svn:eol-style

   # a file expected to be binary
   svn proplist $BASE/digester/trunk/xdocs/images/logo.jpg
   --> svn:executable  [hmm .. this is probably not right ;-]
   --> svn:mime-type
   svn propget svn:mime-type $BASE/digester/trunk/xdocs/images/logo.jgp
   --> application/octet-stream

I'm not entirely sure which "examples.dataList.jsp" file you're
referring to (a full url would be nice) but file
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/examples/trunk/simple/dataList.jsp
certainly is binary ("svn propget svn:mime-type" reports
application/octet-stream).

I also see that proplist on file
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/api/trunk/src/java/javax/faces/FacesException.java
reports that it is marked executable (though at least not binary). I
think the myfaces SVN properties are in need of a cleanup...

Regards,

Simon