myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Martin Marinschek (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Closed: (MYFACES-610) Getting IllegalStateException exception when setting javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD to "server"
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:28:58 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-610?page=all ]
     
Martin Marinschek closed MYFACES-610:
-------------------------------------

    Fix Version: Nightly
     Resolution: Fixed
      Assign To: Bill Dudney

> Getting IllegalStateException exception when setting javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD
to "server"
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: MYFACES-610
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-610
>      Project: MyFaces
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: General
>     Versions: 1.1.0
>  Environment: Tomcat 5.5.9 on Windows XP.
>     Reporter: Saul Q Yuan
>     Assignee: Bill Dudney
>      Fix For: Nightly

>
> I have an application that works on 1.0.9 but stopped working when upgraded to 1.1.0.
I got a blank screen. And console shows the following error:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the 
> response
> has been committed
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.doGetSession(Request.java:2195)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getSession(Request.java:2017)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getSession(RequestFacade.java:822)
>  at
> org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.SessionMap.setAttribute(SessionMap.java:50)
>  at
> org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.AbstractAttributeMap.put(AbstractAttributeMap.java:104)
>  at
> org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.saveSerializedViewInServletSession(JspStateManagerImpl.java:321)
>  at
> org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.saveSerializedView(JspStateManagerImpl.java:228)
>  at
> org.apache.myfaces.taglib.core.ViewTag.doEndTag(ViewTag.java:122)
>  at
> org.apache.jsp.common.headerBodyFooterLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_f_view_0
> ....
> After a few days tweaking & debugging, I changed the value of the following setting
in my web.xml:
> javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD
> from "server" to "client",
> Now, my app works again. 
> I think this is a bug.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message