myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Paul Klaer" <pkl...@infeurope.lu>
Subject Re: Addressing issues in the patch release
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:08:30 GMT
+1 for #3, too.

I'll support you by testing on weblogic...

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:10:20 +0200, Mathias Brökelmann  
<mbroekelmann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> +1 for #3
> there are some issues with the radio button in the current release.
> Some of them are fixed in trunk but others are still open. I will take
> a look at it.
>
> 2005/9/27, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
>> Yes that's correct.  Lets just make sure Manfred and the other
>> committers don't have any last minute objections or alternative plans.
>>  Lets figure anytime past 12:00 EST is ok to do the branch.  Let me
>> know when you are starting the branch and I will start the JIRA
>> change.
>>
>> Should only take about 15 minutes with both of us working in tandem.
>>
>> sean
>>
>> ps. Testing a revised build.xml now ...
>>
>> On 9/26/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Sean,
>> >
>> > I can and will help tomorrow. I have some stuff to do in my day job
>> > but I'll make time for the branch.
>> >
>> > If I understand things correctly we are going to delete the 1.1.0.1
>> > branch I created the other day and create another branch set from the
>> > current trunk and turn that into the release then create a tag when
>> > done and merge all changes into the trunk.
>> >
>> > Do I have that correct? I want to make sure before I start deleting
>> > branches :-)
>> >
>> > TTFN,
>> >
>> > -bd-
>> >
>> > On Sep 26, 2005, at 4:22 PM, Sean Schofield wrote:
>> >
>> > > We'll need to coordinate the creation of the branch with the version
>> > > change in JIRA.  Bill are you available to create the branch  
>> tomorrow?
>> > >  If so, please touch base with me tomorrow and we will begin  
>> together
>> > > (assuming no major objections overnight.)  For now keep marking  
>> things
>> > > fixed in "nightly" and check into the trunk.
>> > >
>> > > sean
>> > >
>> > > On 9/26/05, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > >
>> > >> +1 I like option #3. Thus the show stoppers will also be fixed, and
>> > >> let's test thoroughly this time :-) ...
>> > >>
>> > >> Regards,
>> > >>
>> > >> Bruno
>> > >>
>> > >>
>> > >> 2005/9/27, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
>> > >>
>> > >>> The trunk does not have my fix to the build but it does have  
>> yours.
>> > >>> My changes don't matter anymore since we settled on a different
>> > >>> option
>> > >>> for the sandbox problem.  So we are fine to drop the old branch
 
>> once
>> > >>> we are in agreement.
>> > >>>
>> > >>> Lets wait until tomorrow and give some of the Europeans a chance
 
>> to
>> > >>> weigh in during business hours.  If we get a few more +1 then we
 
>> can
>> > >>> create the branch and pursue option #3
>> > >>>
>> > >>> We just need to remind all committers that they should check  
>> urgent
>> > >>> bug fixes into the branch only and the rest goes into the trunk
>> > >>> only.
>> > >>> Also, all JIRA issues should be caefully scrutinized before
>> > >>> closing so
>> > >>> we can generate proper release notes off them.
>> > >>>
>> > >>> Lets make the branch short lived.  Fix everything we can this
>> > >>> week and
>> > >>> build the RC over the weekend.  Let people test the RC next week
 
>> and
>> > >>> then start the mirroring over the weekend and release on Monday.
>> > >>>
>> > >>> sean
>> > >>>
>> > >>>
>> > >>>
>> > >>> On 9/26/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
>> > >>>
>> > >>>> I'd like to get the branch 'closed' as soon as possible so
I'm in
>> > >>>> favor of either 1.1.0.1 as a patch release (option 1) to get
the
>> > >>>> myfaces-all problem resolved then start rolling on a 1.1.1
 
>> release
>> > >>>> (option 3).
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>> If we don't do the maintenance release then the branch IMO
>> > >>>> should be
>> > >>>> deleted, which would be fine with me (i.e. I'm not emotionally
>> > >>>> attached to the branch :-). It seemed very urgent the other
day
>> > >>>> (when
>> > >>>> the branch was created) that we needed a new patch release
ASAP.  
>> If
>> > >>>> that is not the case then we should drop the branch (easy to
do  
>> in
>> > >>>> SVN) and get started on a 1.1.1 release.
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>> I believe the trunk has Sean and my fixes to the build so we
are
>> > >>>> good
>> > >>>> to go on the branch from the fixed myfaces-all perspective.
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>> TTFN,
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>> -bd
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>> On Sep 26, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Martin Marinschek wrote:
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>>> With the documentation in place I don't see it necessary
to
>> > >>>>> immediately pull a release.
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>> So let's take option three and roll it slowly!
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>> regards,
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>> Martin
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>> On 9/26/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>>> We seemed to have settled on doing a 1.1.0 patch release.
 The
>> > >>>>>> one
>> > >>>>>> fix
>> > >>>>>> we know for sure that is going to be in it is the fix
to the
>> > >>>>>> TLD and
>> > >>>>>> faces-config.xml regarding the sandbox stuff.
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> Bill has created a branch for us off the release point.
 There
>> > >>>>>> are
>> > >>>>>> one
>> > >>>>>> or two "urgent" bugs being described on the user list.
 Are we
>> > >>>>>> going
>> > >>>>>> to address them in this release or a folow up release?
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> Here are the options as I see them:
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> 1.) Fix nothing but the faces-config and release
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> 2.) Fix faces config and one or two other show stopers.
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> 3.) Create a new branch off the head, build an RC and
put
>> > >>>>>> important
>> > >>>>>> fixes there.  Then release after review of RC.
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> If we choose option #2 or #3 I think we need to do
the  
>> following:
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> a.) keep the list *very* of must fixes very small so
we don't
>> > >>>>>> have a
>> > >>>>>> SVN merging nightmare
>> > >>>>>> b.) create a JIRA version for 1.1.1 and mark the bugs
to be
>> > >>>>>> fixed in
>> > >>>>>> 1.1.1 as such.
>> > >>>>>> c.) fix all these bugs on the branch *only*
>> > >>>>>> d.) release 1.1.1
>> > >>>>>> e.) merge back down to trunk and get on with our lives.
:-)
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> This means we also need to be careful about creating
and
>> > >>>>>> resolving
>> > >>>>>> bugs.  They need to say "nightly" when fixed in the
trunk and
>> > >>>>>> "1.1.1"
>> > >>>>>> when fixed in the branch.
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> Right now I am leaning towards Option #3.
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>> sean
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>>
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>> --
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>> http://www.irian.at
>> > >>>>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> > >>>>> JSF Trainings in English and German
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>>
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>>
>> > >>>
>> > >>>
>> > >>
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>>
>
>
> --
> Mathias



Mime
View raw message