myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proosal] Changes to sandbox
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:50:01 GMT
On 9/26/05, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well,
>
> we came from this merging approach, and decided differently now.
>
> the question is - do a a merge of faces-config.xml - or force the
> users to have myfaces-all.jar and sandbox.jar in his library
> directory.
>
> The second option seems to be more simple!

That approach makes sense if you decide not to include the sandbox
components. But, my basic advice still stands ... if you ever *do* combine
two component tag libraries into a single JAR file, go ahead and merge the
faces-config.xml entries, but *don't* combine the TLDs. That only creates
maintenance problems for users.

regards,

> Martin

Craig