myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Blum <mblu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with MYFACES-623
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:56:03 GMT
Sean-

I don't have a login to JIRA at the moment, and need to leave for home in a
sec so don't want to take the time to sign up just now, but I think you hit
the nail on the head with your latest comment.

Line 280 in PropertyResolverImpl clearly is the problem. It should *always*
return Object.class, so far as I can tell. It's a Map, so treating its
contents as Objects should always work (at least in JDK 1.4). If this would
somehow break something else, then ValueBindingImpl can easily have a test
added to say that, if the base is a Map, it doesn't need to coerce the
newValue before it does the put.

-Matt