myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: faces-config.xml is missing in myfaces-all.jar in the 1.1.0 release.
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:09:43 GMT
Hi All,

This is the essence of what I fixed. I've rebuilt and used the
myfaces-all.jar in the the 'simple.war' test application and
everything I tested worked.

Instead of 'dist-all' use 'release'.

The only problem I see with this approach is that we could introduce
unintended consequences by releasing from the trunk (see my response
to Sean just moments ago). We can't be 100% sure that no one has
committed a TCK breaking change since the release went out so in
theory we should rerun the tests before pushing out a new release. If
we make the change in a branch then we can more easily assert that
nothing has changed except the build file.

My $0.02 worth and I'm not against a release from the trunk its just
another level of risk.

TTFN,

-bd-

Theoretically we should be doing a patch to the release branch and
releasing from there (with the -Dskip.sandbox=true that Bruno mentions).
On Sep 23, 2005, at 5:57 AM, Bruno Aranda wrote:

> Remember to release without the sandbox. In theory you should use 'ant
> -Dskip.sandbox=true dist-all', but that is the origin of the bug. I
> cannot look at it right now...
>
> Bruno
>
> 2005/9/23, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com>:
>
>> Bill,
>>
>> please go ahead and check in what you have got now. If you do it
>> anytime during the next hour, I will go ahead and prepare a new
>> release from this so that we get this faces-config problem out of the
>> world as fast as possible!
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 9/22/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a lot of other changes related to the cactus/cargo stuff.
>>>
>>> I don't have a problem checking in all that but there has not been
>>> much discussion about it yet. I'd rather see some discussion happen
>>> before I check in the rest of the changes.
>>>
>>> TTFN,
>>>
>>> -bd-

can see from
the file