myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: faces-config.xml is missing in myfaces-all.jar in the 1.1.0 release.
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:24:29 GMT
OK just found this thread from yesterday afternoon.  Man if you leave
your computer for a few hours I guess you miss a lot of action!

We definitely should run the TCK before releasing and we should test
everything (for real this time) and vote.  This wil take about a week
but we rushed things last time and look what it got us into ...

I agree the problem is urgent but somehow we managed to shoot
ourselves in the foot again with the release.  This time it was
announcing the TCK passage before we had a release candidate.  This
created the sense of urgency to get the new release out and
apprarently we did not test things very thoroughly.

In the meantime we could put something on the website explaining that
myfaces-all.jar doesn't work and to use impl, api and tomahawk instead
for now.  We can also promise an upcoming release soon.  Perhaps we
could do a release candidate later today once Bill is finished with
the branch and fixes.

sean

On 9/23/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
> checked into the trunk
>
> Thanks Martin!
>
> -bd-
> On Sep 23, 2005, at 6:16 AM, Martin Marinschek wrote:
>
> > You are right - no question.
> >
> > we should definitely rerun the TCK if possible.
> >
> > Oliver is on holidays, remains Manfred to do so...
> >
> > Manfred?
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 9/23/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> This is the essence of what I fixed. I've rebuilt and used the
> >> myfaces-all.jar in the the 'simple.war' test application and
> >> everything I tested worked.
> >>
> >> Instead of 'dist-all' use 'release'.
> >>
> >> The only problem I see with this approach is that we could introduce
> >> unintended consequences by releasing from the trunk (see my response
> >> to Sean just moments ago). We can't be 100% sure that no one has
> >> committed a TCK breaking change since the release went out so in
> >> theory we should rerun the tests before pushing out a new release. If
> >> we make the change in a branch then we can more easily assert that
> >> nothing has changed except the build file.
> >>
> >> My $0.02 worth and I'm not against a release from the trunk its just
> >> another level of risk.
> >>
> >> TTFN,
> >>
> >> -bd-
> >>
> >> Theoretically we should be doing a patch to the release branch and
> >> releasing from there (with the -Dskip.sandbox=true that Bruno
> >> mentions).

I use
tomahawk

wrote:

> [...]