myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject [shale] Weird dialog behavior in IFrame
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:21:17 GMT
I'm experiencing some weird behavior in a shale dialog that uses an
iframe.  One of the screens in the dialog has an iframe that contains
search results.  There is also a search button in addition to the
usual "navigation" buttons (prev, next, cancel, etc.)  The search
button is supposed to refine the contents of the search results based
on a search criteria.

If the search button does not specify an action that corresponds to a
transition in the dialog-config.xml then the search results are loaded
into the entire dialog page (instead of just inside the iframe.)  The
work around is to specify a value for action on my search button and
then add a global transition for the dialog question.

Do you have an idea what the problem is?  Is it that we're running in
an iframe or is this just b/c the navigation handler is getting
confused?  or both?

Regards,

sean