myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bruno Aranda <brunoara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Addressing issues in the patch release
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:30:56 GMT
Thanks Paul, testing in different platforms is needed, indeed :-)

Bruno

2005/9/27, Paul Klaer <pklaer@infeurope.lu>:
> +1 for #3, too.
>
> I'll support you by testing on weblogic...
>
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:10:20 +0200, Mathias Brökelmann
> <mbroekelmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 for #3
> > there are some issues with the radio button in the current release.
> > Some of them are fixed in trunk but others are still open. I will take
> > a look at it.
> >
> > 2005/9/27, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
> >> Yes that's correct.  Lets just make sure Manfred and the other
> >> committers don't have any last minute objections or alternative plans.
> >>  Lets figure anytime past 12:00 EST is ok to do the branch.  Let me
> >> know when you are starting the branch and I will start the JIRA
> >> change.
> >>
> >> Should only take about 15 minutes with both of us working in tandem.
> >>
> >> sean
> >>
> >> ps. Testing a revised build.xml now ...
> >>
> >> On 9/26/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
> >> > Hi Sean,
> >> >
> >> > I can and will help tomorrow. I have some stuff to do in my day job
> >> > but I'll make time for the branch.
> >> >
> >> > If I understand things correctly we are going to delete the 1.1.0.1
> >> > branch I created the other day and create another branch set from the
> >> > current trunk and turn that into the release then create a tag when
> >> > done and merge all changes into the trunk.
> >> >
> >> > Do I have that correct? I want to make sure before I start deleting
> >> > branches :-)
> >> >
> >> > TTFN,
> >> >
> >> > -bd-
> >> >
> >> > On Sep 26, 2005, at 4:22 PM, Sean Schofield wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > We'll need to coordinate the creation of the branch with the version
> >> > > change in JIRA.  Bill are you available to create the branch
> >> tomorrow?
> >> > >  If so, please touch base with me tomorrow and we will begin
> >> together
> >> > > (assuming no major objections overnight.)  For now keep marking
> >> things
> >> > > fixed in "nightly" and check into the trunk.
> >> > >
> >> > > sean
> >> > >
> >> > > On 9/26/05, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > >
> >> > >> +1 I like option #3. Thus the show stoppers will also be fixed,
and
> >> > >> let's test thoroughly this time :-) ...
> >> > >>
> >> > >> Regards,
> >> > >>
> >> > >> Bruno
> >> > >>
> >> > >>
> >> > >> 2005/9/27, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
> >> > >>
> >> > >>> The trunk does not have my fix to the build but it does have
> >> yours.
> >> > >>> My changes don't matter anymore since we settled on a different
> >> > >>> option
> >> > >>> for the sandbox problem.  So we are fine to drop the old branch
> >> once
> >> > >>> we are in agreement.
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>> Lets wait until tomorrow and give some of the Europeans a
chance
> >> to
> >> > >>> weigh in during business hours.  If we get a few more +1 then
we
> >> can
> >> > >>> create the branch and pursue option #3
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>> We just need to remind all committers that they should check
> >> urgent
> >> > >>> bug fixes into the branch only and the rest goes into the
trunk
> >> > >>> only.
> >> > >>> Also, all JIRA issues should be caefully scrutinized before
> >> > >>> closing so
> >> > >>> we can generate proper release notes off them.
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>> Lets make the branch short lived.  Fix everything we can this
> >> > >>> week and
> >> > >>> build the RC over the weekend.  Let people test the RC next
week
> >> and
> >> > >>> then start the mirroring over the weekend and release on Monday.
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>> sean
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>> On 9/26/05, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>>> I'd like to get the branch 'closed' as soon as possible
so I'm in
> >> > >>>> favor of either 1.1.0.1 as a patch release (option 1)
to get the
> >> > >>>> myfaces-all problem resolved then start rolling on a 1.1.1
> >> release
> >> > >>>> (option 3).
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>> If we don't do the maintenance release then the branch
IMO
> >> > >>>> should be
> >> > >>>> deleted, which would be fine with me (i.e. I'm not emotionally
> >> > >>>> attached to the branch :-). It seemed very urgent the
other day
> >> > >>>> (when
> >> > >>>> the branch was created) that we needed a new patch release
ASAP.
> >> If
> >> > >>>> that is not the case then we should drop the branch (easy
to do
> >> in
> >> > >>>> SVN) and get started on a 1.1.1 release.
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>> I believe the trunk has Sean and my fixes to the build
so we are
> >> > >>>> good
> >> > >>>> to go on the branch from the fixed myfaces-all perspective.
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>> TTFN,
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>> -bd
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>> On Sep 26, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Martin Marinschek wrote:
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>>> With the documentation in place I don't see it necessary
to
> >> > >>>>> immediately pull a release.
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>> So let's take option three and roll it slowly!
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>> regards,
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>> Martin
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>> On 9/26/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> We seemed to have settled on doing a 1.1.0 patch
release.  The
> >> > >>>>>> one
> >> > >>>>>> fix
> >> > >>>>>> we know for sure that is going to be in it is
the fix to the
> >> > >>>>>> TLD and
> >> > >>>>>> faces-config.xml regarding the sandbox stuff.
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> Bill has created a branch for us off the release
point.  There
> >> > >>>>>> are
> >> > >>>>>> one
> >> > >>>>>> or two "urgent" bugs being described on the user
list.  Are we
> >> > >>>>>> going
> >> > >>>>>> to address them in this release or a folow up
release?
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> Here are the options as I see them:
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> 1.) Fix nothing but the faces-config and release
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> 2.) Fix faces config and one or two other show
stopers.
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> 3.) Create a new branch off the head, build an
RC and put
> >> > >>>>>> important
> >> > >>>>>> fixes there.  Then release after review of RC.
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> If we choose option #2 or #3 I think we need to
do the
> >> following:
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> a.) keep the list *very* of must fixes very small
so we don't
> >> > >>>>>> have a
> >> > >>>>>> SVN merging nightmare
> >> > >>>>>> b.) create a JIRA version for 1.1.1 and mark the
bugs to be
> >> > >>>>>> fixed in
> >> > >>>>>> 1.1.1 as such.
> >> > >>>>>> c.) fix all these bugs on the branch *only*
> >> > >>>>>> d.) release 1.1.1
> >> > >>>>>> e.) merge back down to trunk and get on with our
lives. :-)
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> This means we also need to be careful about creating
and
> >> > >>>>>> resolving
> >> > >>>>>> bugs.  They need to say "nightly" when fixed in
the trunk and
> >> > >>>>>> "1.1.1"
> >> > >>>>>> when fixed in the branch.
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> Right now I am leaning towards Option #3.
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>> sean
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>>
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>> --
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>> http://www.irian.at
> >> > >>>>> Your JSF powerhouse -
> >> > >>>>> JSF Trainings in English and German
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>>
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>>
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>>
> >> > >>
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >
> >
> > --
> > Mathias
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message