myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vieujot <svieu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proosal] Changes to sandbox
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:57:07 GMT
I too think it makes sens to release the sandbox into the
myfaces-all.jar.

But if we do that, then this jar needs to contain a faces-config.xml
that merges the ones from tomahawk & from the sandbox (build file,
merge-sandbox target).
The process for merging the faces-config.xml files & the tld is
basically the same. That's why I think of it as a logical step.
I don't see how removing it will improve the code.
I didn't knew we would keep the tld fragments in the sandbox's tld once
they are promoted to tomahawk, and that was the main idea behind the
"all tld".
But, are we sure it's the good solution to keep old components forever
in the sanbox tld. It'll be increasingly hard to maintain and to keep
synchronized with the one of tomahawk.
So, I prefer the path of having an all in one tld, but to clearly mark
it as unstable as it contains sandbox's components.

Sylvain.