myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming release
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:02:41 GMT
On 8/1/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also think we should have a release plan.  I just saw the Shale
> release plan (http://wiki.apache.org/struts/ShaleRelease100) and I
> think we should "rip" Craig's release plan and use it as a foundation
> for our own.  This is how the serious ASF projects do things and I
> think with each release we should be trying to be aligning ourselves
> more and more with the ASF standards onthese sorts of things.
>
> Thoughts?

Doing something like this is definitely a good idea, but you are
giving me too much credit :-).  The Struts release managers (James,
Martin, et. al.) have been following this sort of disciplined approach
at least back into the 1.2.2 days, and they deserve the credit for
formalizing a checklist like this for release managers to follow.

    http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsReleasePlans

> sean

Craig