myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\)" <bc1...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Moderator mailbox overflow
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:04:14 GMT
This is perhaps a naive related question: Why are we using mailing lists
as opposed to usenet newsgroups?  Are they easier to manage?

- Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Schofield [mailto:sean.schofield@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:40 AM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: Moderator mailbox overflow

I'd be interested to hear how other projects handle this as well.  I
certainly agree with you that you should not be stuck moderating all
of these emails.

Is unsubscribed user the only reason why you would get an email in
your moderator queue?  If so I think its approrpiate to automatically
send an email back to the user letting them know they are not
subscribed, etc.  This should work for gmail users as well.

sean