myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject [shale] Why does <subdialog> data disappear when terminating?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:37:59 GMT
Craig,

I was wondering about the decision to "pop" the data when a subdialog
ends.  I'm sure there are use cases where this would be helpful but I
can think of some where this is a major PITA.

My use case is that the dialog is running in a seperate window and
eventually the date from my dialogs needs to be dumped back to the
javascript object.  Basically I am binding to #{dialog.data} with all
of my fields but I'm not really updating anything in the database
until after the dialog terminates.

What about making it an option to retain the same data object for all
positions in subdialogs?

sean