myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming release
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:05:39 GMT
I was thinking we might be able to address this issue through JIRA's
voting procedure.  Perhaps a rule of "If an issue has two votes, it
must be dealt with before the release."  Then we could add those
issues to the release plan as a reminder (and requirement) for the
release.

Two votes (plus the original reporter who can't vote for his own
issue) seems to me to be a good standard for whether or not something
is urgent.  Of course there could be an urgent bug that nobody votes
for, but its a start.

I agree with Craig that we should be definitive about what is going to
be deferred and what is not.  Perhaps we could add a "TBD" version
(for "To Be Determined") and mark bugs that we are intentionally
deferring as such.  The JIRA voting system could help us sort them
out.

Thoughts?

sean