myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Stan Silvert" <stan.silv...@jboss.com>
Subject RE: MyFaces and Portlets [ was RE: Problem with TLD in new App Distro]
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:57:23 GMT
Thanks Sean.  I just realized that after reading through the SVN reorg
thread I should have read two weeks ago.

Given that developers expect the plain old "ant" command to just work,
shouldn't we make that dependent on the download-dependencies task?

Stan Silvert
JBoss, Inc.
ssilvert@jboss.com
callto://stansilvert

App
> Distro]
>
> For the *first* build do 'ant download-dependencies'.  Then you can
> run 'ant dist-all' or just 'ant'.
>
> sean
>
> On 7/5/05, Stan Silvert <stan.silvert@jboss.com> wrote:
> > Sean,
> >
> > I did a clean checkout and tried to do a build.  It got errors
saying
> > that it can't find classes from the portlet jar.  However, I got
other
> > errors that have nothing to do with portlets.  So, I'm wondering if
I am

^
> [...]
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.ValidatorTag
> >     [javac]             throws JspException
> >     [javac]                    ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\_Page
> > ContextOutWriter.java:18: package javax.servlet.jsp does not exist
> >     [javac] import javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext;
> >     [javac]                          ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\_Page
> > ContextOutWriter.java:31: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class PageContext
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp._PageContextOutWriter
> >     [javac]     private PageContext _pageContext;
> >     [javac]             ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\_Page
> > ContextOutWriter.java:33: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class PageContext
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp._PageContextOutWriter
> >     [javac]     public _PageContextOutWriter(PageContext
pageContext)
> >     [javac]                                  ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\component\UI
> > Data.java:494: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class Result
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.component.UIData
> >     [javac]             else if (value instanceof Result)
> >     [javac]                                           ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\component\UI
> > Data.java:496: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class Result
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.component.UIData
> >     [javac]                     return new ResultDataModel((Result)
> > value);
> >     [javac]                                                     ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\model\Result
> > DataModel.java:113: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class Result
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.model.ResultDataModel
> >     [javac]             _data = ((Result)data).getRows();
> >     [javac]                       ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Attri
> > buteTag.java:47: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : variable pageContext
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.AttributeTag
> >     [javac]         UIComponentTag componentTag =
> > UIComponentTag.getParentUIComp
> > onentTag(pageContext);
> >     [javac]
> >          ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Attri
> > buteTag.java:50: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class JspException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.AttributeTag
> >     [javac]             throw new JspException("no parent
UIComponentTag
> > found")
> > ;
> >     [javac]                       ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Attri
> > buteTag.java:55: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class JspException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.AttributeTag
> >     [javac]             throw new JspException("parent
UIComponentTag
> [...]
> > Servlet.java:104: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class ServletException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
> >     [javac]             else if (e instanceof ServletException)
> >     [javac]                                   ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Faces
> > Servlet.java:106: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class ServletException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
> >     [javac]                 throw (ServletException)e;
> >     [javac]                        ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Faces
> > Servlet.java:110: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class ServletException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
ServletException(e.getMessage(),
> > e);
> >     [javac]                           ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Faces
> > Servlet.java:114: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class ServletException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
> >     [javac]                 throw new ServletException(e);
> >     [javac]                           ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Faces
> > Servlet.java:158: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class ServletException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
> >     [javac]         if(e instanceof ServletException)
> >     [javac]                         ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:\projects\myfacesSVN\current\api\src\java\javax\faces\webapp\Faces
> > Servlet.java:160: cannot resolve symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class ServletException
> >     [javac] location: class javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
> >     [javac]             cause = ((ServletException)
e).getRootCause();