myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject [proposal] unit testing
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:35:37 GMT
Hi All,

I've just committed a couple of unit tests to the api subproject. I
will start adding a testing target to the build file later today but
I wanted to get this out there before anything else came up on my day
job.

I'd like to propose that we put any simple JUnit tests into the
following naming structure

${subproject.name}/tests/java/${pakcage.name}/${class.name}Test.java

subproject.name => the subproject (i.e. api, shared, etc)
package.name => the package where the class being tested resides
class.name => the name of the class being tested

Thoughts?

Also, I'd like to add running the unit tests and creating a report of
pass/fail to the 'dist' target so that the tests get run on every
'dist', thoughts? At some point Sean I'd also like to add the report
to the nightly build process, but we can talk about that in another
thread.

For cactus tests and web tests I'll do some experimenting and make
another proposal for those.

Looking forward to your feedback.

TTFN,

-bd-