myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Manfred Geiler <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with TLD in new App Distro
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:13:16 GMT
So, this is also the right place to congratulate and thank Stan for
his brilliant Portlet/MyFaces Session at the JavaOne.
For those who where not there: The Yerba Buena Theatre was full to
bursting - must have been 500-1000 people -  wow!

-Manfred


2005/7/1, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com>:
> I found the source of my 'problem'. I was doing the tests with
> jboss4.0.3RC1 and I've remembered that Stan announced several weeks
> ago that jboss4.0.3 would include myfaces.
> Jboss4.0.3RC1 has been released with myfaces 1.0.9 version (I guess).
> Be warned those who are using newer myfaces from the svn trunk as, by
> default, jboss loads the older myfaces and some things might not work.
> However, it is good news indeed that jboss has included myfaces! :-)
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Bruno
> 
> 2005/6/30, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
> > OK I've identified the problem.  Now that I have had a decent night
> > sleep and looked at it again I noticed that the sandbox.jar is now
> > part of WEB-INF/lib.  I had forgotten that.  Anyways that jar also
> > contains a TLD with the same URI and since that one is alphabetical
> > before tomahawk.jar that is the one that is loaded first.
> >
> > I'll fix things and check it in.
> >
> > sean
> >
> > On 6/30/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Also,
> > >
> > > I've compared the myfaces_ext.tld with the one in myfaces.jar (which
> > > works) and the one in tomahawk.jar (which does not work) and they are
> > > identical!
> > >
> > > sean
> > >
> > > On 6/30/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > Are you using Tomcat 5.0?  Maybe its a Tomcat problem.  If anyone is
> > > > willing to help out I can send you the WAR file (or the instructions
> > > > to build it.)
> > > >
> > > > sean
> > > >
> > > > On 6/30/05, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > A strange problem indeed, I don't see this problem with tree2, but
> > > > > with selectManyMenu...
> > > > >
> > > > > /displayValueOnly.jsp(67,3) No tag "selectManyMenu" defined in tag
> > > > > library imported with prefix "x"
> > > > >
> > > > > tree2 is show ok in my computer....
> > > > >
> > > > > Bruno
> > > > >
> > > > > 2005/6/30, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
> > > > > > I've run into a bizarre problem with the new app distro.  I'm
getting
> > > > > > errors such as:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > javax.servlet.ServletException: /tree2NiceWrap.jsp(36,8) No
tag
> > > > > > "tree2" defined in tag library imported with prefix "x"
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The only thing different is that the myfaces stuff in the examples
app
> > > > > > is now in three jars (myfaces-api.jar, myfaces-impl.jar and
> > > > > > tomahawk.jar).  So the TLD's are split across jars.  The
> > > > > > myfaces_ext.tld is in tomahawk.jar now.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > If I copy the old myfaces.jar (which has everything) and use
that
> > > > > > instead things work fine.  What's even stranger is that it seems
that
> > > > > > it started working once I removed it and switched back to the
old
> > > > > > jars.  I've tried clearing the work directory, etc. but can't
figure
> > > > > > it out.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > There must be an obvious explanation I am missing here.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > sean
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message