myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] serialVersionUID?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:21:40 GMT
OK,

The first round of updates is checked in for the serialVersionUID.

here is an old but useful brief write up on how to deal with
serialized objects and their versions.

http://www.ajug.org/info/tech/serial/serial5.html

Since we are removing the compiler/runtime from dealing with the
serialVersionUID we will have to update the seriaVersionUID when we
change the class in an incompatible way.

I'll be committing the rest shortly.

TTFN,

-bd-