myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Hookom <ja...@hookom.net>
Subject Re: MyFaces w/ Facelets
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:30:01 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:

> Does this mean that Commons EL is no longer being used as the EL
> implementation, and has been replaced by some other implementation?
> That would seem rather sad / annoying / silly.

The EL now has it's own specification and eventually it's own JSR,
separate from JSP.  The syntax hasn't changed any from the commons-el,
but the new API is independent of JSP (which is a good thing!).  If you
are using commons-el within MyFaces, making the transition to the EL-API
is going to be easy.

Download the specification at: http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=245

Currently the EL-RI within Glassfish is the only implementation available.

-- Jacob

--
Jacob Hookom - Minneapolis