myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] unit testing
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:10:12 GMT
Thanks Grant,

On Jul 12, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Grant Smith wrote:

> Bill,
>
> This is great, thanks for your efforts with this! I have a few
> comments.
>
> 1. Do we need /java/ in the test path structure?

Not really, Sean made an alternative suggestion and that is fine with
me. Just wanted to get something out there to get us started.

> 2. I don't think the tests should run as part of dist, but I do
> think they should run as part of the nightlies, and viewable as a
> daily report. Why ? Beacause we will eventually have hundreds of
> tests, that the Average Joe user doesn't care about and probably
> doesnt want slowing down the build.

Agreed on the nightly report. I was thinking dist so we could have
some sort of criteria like 95% pass before a release. But not married
to that either, easy enough to do 'ant test-all dist'.

> 3. I think the cactus tests should reside in the same path
> structure, or very near so that we don't clutter things up too much.

Agreed. I want to get the junit stuff done then start thinking
through the cactus. We have to build a war and deploy it to get
cactus tests to run so it won't make sense to have cactus tests in
each subproject (perhaps just impl & tomahawk). Tomcat and Weblogic
have ant tasks that will deploy a war, not sure about the rest of the
supported platforms but my end goal is to get cactus tests that we
can deploy to all the supported platforms and run the test to make
sure we have not broken compatibility. I'll make sure to be posting
regular updates.

TTFN,

-bd-